- The County has held its second Notice of Preparation meeting in 2 years and is now writing the Draft Environmental Impact Report.
- This area of the Puente-Chino Hills Wildlife Corridor is the only place wildlife can safely cross the 57 freeway from the Chino Hills to the Puente Hills (under the 57 freeway bridge).
- Widening the road, adding lighting, and building median barriers will sever the connection that is necessary for wildlife to continue to move within the hillside system.
- At the two public meetings that have been held in Brea, residents generally opposed the widening of Brea Canyon, viewing it as an invitation for more cars.
- Residents also viewed it as taxpayer money improperly funding road improvements that should be paid for by Aera Energy’s proposed 3,600 unit project.
- Los Angeles County has no intention of widening its portion of the road.