- The County has held its second Notice of Preparation meeting in two years and is now writing the Draft Environmental Impact Report.
- This area of the Puente-Chino Hills Wildlife Corridor is the only place wildlife can safely cross under the 57 freeway from the Chino Hills side of the hills to the Puente Hills side.
- Widening the road, adding lighting, and building median barriers will sever the connection that is necessary for wildlife to continue to move within the hillside system.
- At the two public meetings that have been held in Brea, residents generally opposed the widening of Brea Canyon, viewing it as an invitation for more cars.
- Residents also viewed it as taxpayer money improperly funding road improvements that could facilitate Aera Energy’s development of its adjacent 3,000 acres.
- Los Angeles County has no intention of widening its portion of the road.