While the Blue Ridge Fire continues to burn, here is what we know:
1. It is presently estimated at 8,000 acres by OC Fire Authority. Most of that acreage is very likely Chino Hills State Park. This means more than 50% of the park has burned (again).
2. Evacuation orders are still in place and some extending in some areas, including: Yorba Linda, Brea, Diamond Bar, and Chino Hills.
3. The fire did not make it over into Brea’s side of Soquel Canyon, so Olinda Village/Hollydale was spared.
4. The Chino Valley Independent Fire District secured a gel team early to spray homes in Sleepy Hollow. Crews are fighting an active flame front off Butterfield Ranch Rd.
5. It appears at least one home in Yorba Linda is destroyed on Blue Ridge Drive.
Finally, we continue to build our repository of fire photos and videos and if you are willing to donate any to us for future use (with a photo credit), please email them to info@HillsForEveryone.org with the name of the photographer or videographer.