- This event has passed.
Capturing the Majesty of Nature Art Hike, Part 1
March 14, 2015 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 pmFree
Join local Landscape artist James Ellison on a 2-hour art hike. The program is divided into 3 sessions. All sessions are for anyone from novice to experienced artist but sessions 2 & 3 are optional.
- The 1st Session, is from 9:00 – 11:00am and those who just want to do quick sketches or take pictures and create in studio, will only do the first part.
- The 2nd session, which is from 12:00 – 3:00pm and is for those who want to create Plein Air. We will divide into groups of at least three to go to locations seen during part 1. Those new to this kind of creation will be put with volunteer artist to help them on their first experience.
- The 3rd session, which is from 3:00 – 4:00pm, is a time for those who are interested in sharing our results with each other. Completion of an artwork is not expected for the sharing as ways of creating vary with each artist.
Those staying to create on location (Plein Air) will break for a group sack lunch at the trailhead (please protect the environment by bringing a bag with you to take your trash home).
- March 14, 2015
9:00 am - 11:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Hikes, Training
- Event Tags:
- Art, Habitat Authority, Hike, Plein Air, Sycamore Canyon
- Capturing the Majesty of Nature Art Hike
- Habitat Authority
- (562) 945-9003
- View Organizer Website
- Sycamore Canyon Preserve – Sycamore Canyon Trailhead
5040 Workman Mill
Whittier, CA United States + Google Map